- Published: 03 August 2018
We have an exciting opportunity for a cycling enthusiast to join us as a Recreation Officer working within the North East and in particular the city of Newcastle.
In this role of a Recreation Officer you will be accountable for:
- Maintaining and developing new partnerships and relationships with the local stakeholders and communities within the designated area, providing British Cycling with the most effective routes to market to deliver its recreation programme.
- Operating within a designated area to coordinate and support the effective local delivery of the recreation programmes and working closely with the Recreation team at British Cycling Headquarters providing input to the ongoing evaluation of the operational model.
- Supporting and building capacity in the volunteer network of area coordinators, leaders, and champions enhancing engagement alongside providing opportunities to share best practice.
- Working with other key agencies and cycling organisations to develop the recreation pathway with a clear focus on raising awareness of the work of British Cycling, growing and diversifying participation and supporting more people to cycle more frequently.
What do we offer?
You’ll build and sustain strong effective working relationships at all levels across British Cycling, in particular the recreation team. You’ll identify areas for development and develop potential recommendations overcoming barriers and developing relationships. In return for delivering consistent results, you’ll receive the opportunity to learn and develop, as well as exciting opportunities to broaden your role and potentially move around the organisation.
What you need is:
We are keen to hear from candidates with sound knowledge of cycling and/or sport and the associated physical activity delivery. Candidates should be aware of the current developments in cycling in terms of the transport, health and recreational agendas and should have a track record in partnership working and development where partnership programme and project delivery can be demonstrated.
This is a profession which is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check will be required.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, colour, sex, marital status, religion, ethnic origin, nationality, disability or sexual orientation. Any appointment will be made on merit alone.
For more information on British Cycling and to apply please visit the following page https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/apply