- Published: 16 August 2018
We have an exciting opportunity for a cycling enthusiast to join us for 12 months as a Cycling Delivery Manager (Maternity Cover) to help us manage and lead British Cycling’s programmes and activities across the North East region.
You will help us on our mission to transform Britain into a great cycling nation by developing and delivering our Regional Delivery Plan, integrating activity across recreation, cycle sport, clubs and groups, facilities and coaching programme delivery.
If this sounds perfect for you, then let's talk details:
In this role you will focus your energy on developing and delivering the Regional Delivery Strategy through the creation of a region-specific Regional Delivery Plan, focusing on the highest participation growth & revenue opportunities. There will be a combination of working with the local authorities, partnerships, regional volunteers and of course our members and non-members to support the delivery of mass participation events while continuing to serve the sport through cycle sport, clubs, groups and coaching programmes.
You will work with the functions based at our Manchester-based headquarters to determine the regional targets, the investment requirements and timelines to help move the regions towards our goal of making Britain a great cycling nation. You will be expected to support the delivery of:
- Recreational Delivery
- Partnership Engagement Management (with Local Authorities or commercial partners where they exist)
- Workforce identification and support
- Clubs, groups and facilities optimisation and support
- Cycle sport delivery
- Coaching and talent development
All we need from you is…
- A passion for delivery – you will have a natural ability to create a vision and drive to develop great plans and execute them with finesse and build great relationships along the way.
- A record of delivering - preferably degree educated or equivalent work experience, with a significant project management portfolio, but if you are not but have a proven track record of getting things done and keeping people happy along the way you should definitely apply.
- Experience in sport - experience of working in sport administration and governance in a predominantly volunteer led environment. If you haven’t but have been a volunteer yourself and know what it takes to keep people coming back for more, then we’d like to hear your story.
- Understanding of governance - A good understanding of the political nature of a constitutional based National Governing Body – i.e. the role of a board in support of activities of a region. It may not be in cycling, it may not be in sport, but knowledge of how to work collaboratively with a board is key to this role.
- Reliable and demonstrable record of driving recreation and sports participation growth/service delivery.
- To be passionate, motivational manager with a proven track record of developing a remote team and nurturing talent whilst giving people the freedom to succeed and grow to successfully achieve target and KPIs
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills from a person who can quickly establish credibility, positively influence others and win the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels.
- Diligent financial management capabilities taking responsibility for regional recreational/cycling growth initiatives and delivering the financial objectives of the region.
- High integrity and objectivity capable of selling ideas and implementing change.
- Personable and flexible with a hands-on approach and strong people skills with high emotional intelligence must come naturally.
To apply, please complete the online application form on the following link https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/vacancies
Role Profile: NECyclingDeliveryManagerMaternityCover
Closing Date: 12 noon on Wednesday 29th August 2018
Interview Dates: Week commencing 10th September 2018