- Published: 16 June 2019
The MTB Inter-Regional Competition has been cancelled, however Scottish Cycling have stepped in with a fantastic opportunity and are now organising a MTB stage race at Glentress in which the organisers have stated that each British Cycling region can enter regional teams. The idea of the race is to provide a great opportunity for aspiring young bike racers to experience a multiday format which will hopefully prepare them to compete at the European Youth Champs and beyond! The race will consist of open practice and a time trial on the Saturday and then 4 stages on the Sunday.
Organisers will also present prizes/have a podium for the top 3 British regional teams in both U16 and U14 categories at the evente.
As well as this event being open to regional teams the event is also open to clubs/race teams/shop teams, this means that if riders do not qualify for their regional team they can also take up this fantastic opportunity to race.
- The event is open to boy’s and girl’s born 2003 to 2006 inclusive (Youth A or B)
- Riders must be a member of British Cycling and hold a valid BC racing licence.
- Riders must have North East listed on their racing licence as their Region
The selection of all teams will be made by British Cycling North East Regional Staff and supported by the British Cycling North East board. A team manager(s) will be appointed for the event. Overall factors which may affect selection include;
- Attendance, application and performance at the British Cycling North East talent development centre MTB sessions.
- Application, ability and attitude displayed at regional schools of racing and talent development centre sessions promoted both inside and outside of the region.
- Attitude and commitment to teamwork as well as developing as a rider and competing at a national level.
- Performances in regional, inter-regional and national MTB events
- Performances in regional, inter-regional and national circuit events will also be considered
- The selection process will involve some subjectivity and discretion, ensuring that the selectors have the tools available to allow them to select the best team for Scottish National Series Rd 6 event.
The selected team including any reserves will be expected to make every effort to attend training sessions to be organised in the lead up to the event. With the use of the above criteria, the selection panel will select a team of riders that they feel have best demonstrated the essential qualities to be competitive at the event.
With the use of the above criteria, the selection panel will select a team of riders that they feel have best demonstrated the essential qualities to be competitive at the event.